Today we are going to look at the top 10 most financially costly causes of loss that appeared on workers compensation claims in 2019. These injuries may not occur more frequently than others but the costs associated with these claims add up to billions of dollars.
Not only do you want to avoid having any injury costs and a claim on your CA workers comp insurance, but you also don’t want your essential workers to be left on the sideline for extended periods of time.
Here are Liberty Mutual indexs 10 most costly causes of workplace injuries and illnesses in 2019:
- Overexertion involving outside sources $13.11
- Falls on same level $38
- Being struck by an object or equipment $22
- Employee falling to a lower level $4.98
- Other exertions or bodily reaction $3.69
- Roadway incident involving motorized vehicles $2.70
- Slip or trip without falling $2.18
- Caught in or compressed by equipment or objects $1.93
- Repetitive motions involving micro-tasks $1.59
- Struck against an object or equipment $1.15
Some of these injuries can happen in a setting as casual as an office or as busy as a construction site. As a business owner in California, what can you do to mitigate these risks? Not only do you need an employee safety program in place and proper employee training, but you need to be able to financially protect your employees. If you are looking for CA workers comp coverage give Don Williams & Associates a call and see how we can help protect your business!